Diane Maxwell, NZ’s Retirement Commissioner, follows Susan St John’s introduction with her own insightful comments on the importance of thinking and planning for income and consumption over a lifetime. Times have changed. “Retirement” arrangements that served people well in the past for predictable age ranges 65-80 may not work as well for those living possibly, and uncertainly, well beyond age 80. Meanwhile, the current , younger generation needs to re-think, plan for and adapt to ever changing circumstances and attitudes towards life’s uncertainties – perhaps they have more tolerance for that uncertainty than the current older generation?
Table of contents : RPRC Forum Nov 21 2014: Decumulating Retirement Savings: making the options work
- “Do we agree what the problem is?” – Susan St John’s introduction
- Opening comments from NZ’s Retirement Commissioner Diane Maxwell
- “The Rebirth of Lifetime Annuities in Australia” -Jeremy Cooper
- “Home Equity Release” – Andrew Ford
- “Shaping the Retirement Income Industry in New Zealand” – Ralph Stewart
- “A proposal for lifetime annuities with long term care insurance” – Susan St John