The first invited speaker at the RPRC conference was Jeremy Cooper, Chairman of Retirement Income at Challenger Ltd., Australia. Jeremy tells the history of life annuities in Australia , focussing on the recent market successes of Challenger in re-vitailising annuities as one important component/element of retiree’s portfolio choices. A great talk about how a valuable opportunity developed – valuable for both retirees and for Challenger – in a product line few thought possible in private markets.
Table of contents : RPRC Forum Nov 21 2014: Decumulating Retirement Savings: making the options work
- “Do we agree what the problem is?” – Susan St John’s introduction
- Opening comments from NZ’s Retirement Commissioner Diane Maxwell
- “The Rebirth of Lifetime Annuities in Australia” -Jeremy Cooper
- “Home Equity Release” – Andrew Ford
- “Shaping the Retirement Income Industry in New Zealand” – Ralph Stewart
- “A proposal for lifetime annuities with long term care insurance” – Susan St John